Volunteers Start Here
Information about volunteering at Mephibosheth Farms Angelic Riders a nonprofit therapeutic riding center in Marshville, North Carolina
Volunteering with Angelic Riders
Volunteers are amazing! Thank you for considering becoming one of the most important parts of the Angelic Riders program. Without people like you this program could never inspire giggles, smiles or triumphs.
Minimum age for volunteers is 14 years
No experience required
How to become a volunteer
The first consideration is whether you have the time to contribute on a regular basis, a short term commitment only, or as part of a group.
Here is a short description of each:
1. Regular Volunteers - are expected to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month (around 5hrs) on scheduled times and days. We would love if you could make it a weekly habit. More information on Regular Volunteers can be found to the right ->
2. Short Term Volunteers - Anyone who wants to serve 10 hours or less for a school assignment, hours for a merit badge or some sort of time limited project. Read more about short term volunteering on the right ->
3. Group Volunteers
- Type A - will be doing regular assignment duties not involving horses or riders such as painting
- Type B - trained to be able to assist with horses and lessons
For more information click here: Group Volunteer Notes
Paperwork is available on-line or in hard copy form at the office
Types of Volunteers:
Regularly Scheduled Volunteers
The first thing to consider is whether you have the time to volunteer on a regular, scheduled basis. We ask that everyone volunteering works at least 2 shifts per month (around 5 hrs). We have sessions Tuesday-Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 and Saturday 1:00-4:30. We would love if you would make it a part of your weekly routine! These hours need to be prearranged for so we can insure volunteers for every lesson. We will ask you to decide on your routine before offering you "hands on" training.
If You Are Interested In Volunteering
- Complete the volunteer application, fill it out and bring it with you on your first visit.
- Call, text or email to arrange for your first visit. We have sessions Tuesday-Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 and Saturday 1:00-4:30 so you will come out during this time. Anticipate that a day and time for serving will be agreed upon so you can actually meet and be involved from the beginning.
Thank you so much for choosing to make a difference!
It’s ok to take some time off, just please let us know in advance. We just need clear communication about whether you wish to remain an active volunteer.
If you need to be absent from your session then please call or text Michael and let him know.
Short Term Volunteers
If you need 10 hours or less for a school assignment, a merit badge requirement or as a member of a volunteer group this is for you.
- Typically individuals will be providing labor around the facility.
- Cleaning and/or filling troughs
- Cleaning Tack
- Other similar tasks based on age and skill level
Visit our group volunteer page to learn how larger groups can get involved on an ad hoc basis.