Volunteers Start Here
Volunteers Start Here
Volunteering With Angelic Riders
Volunteers are amazing! Thank you for considering becoming one of the most important parts of the Angelic Riders program. Without people like you this program could never inspire giggles, smiles or triumphs.
If You Are Interested
- Complete the volunteer application, fill it out and bring it with you on your first visit.
- Call, text or email to arrange for your first visit. We have sessions Tuesday-Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 and Saturday 1:00-4:30 so you will come out during this time. Anticipate that a day and time for serving will be agreed upon so you can actually meet and be involved from the beginning.
Types of Volunteers
Regularly Scheduled Volunteers
- The first thing to consider is whether you have the time to volunteer on a regular, scheduled basis. We ask that everyone volunteering works at least 2 shifts per month (around 5 hrs). We have sessions Tuesday-Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 and Saturday 1:00-4:30. We would love if you would make it a part of your weekly routine! These hours need to be prearranged for so we can insure volunteers for every lesson. We will ask you to decide on your routine before offering you "hands on" training.
Short Term Volunteers
- If you need 10 hours or less for a school assignment, a merit badge requirement or as a member of a volunteer group this is for you. Typically, individuals will be providing labor around the facility such as: cleaning and/or filling up water troughs, cleaning tack, painting, clearing the trails, and other similar tasks based on age and skill level.
- Visit our group volunteer page to learn how larger groups can get involved on an ad hoc basis.
- Minimum age for volunteers is 14 years
- No experience required
- It’s okay to take some time off, just please let us know in advance. We just need clear communication about whether you wish to remain an active volunteer or not.
- If you need to be absent from your session, please call or text Michael or Claire and let them know as soon as possible.
*Paperwork is available on-line or in hard copy form at the office*
Thank you so much for choosing to make a difference!